With millions of daily users, Instagram is a social media marketing platform you cannot afford to ignore. You can integrate Instagram into your WordPress website in numerous ways. The simplest and most efficient way of doing this is through the use of an Instagram feed widget or plugin. In this post, we will explore three tools you can use to share Instagram content on your site. So let’s delve in!
1. Instagram Feed
Instagram feed is a popular WordPress Instagram plugin with an excellent user rating. The plugin is free to use. It has over 400,000 active installs. Instagram feed allows you to display photos from multiple non-private Instagram accounts. You also have the option of creating numerous feeds to use throughout your site. Each of these feeds can show photos from several accounts. It is, therefore, a great way of ensuring your website displays a constant stream of photos from a variety of sources.
With this plugin, you get to control how the images are displayed on your site. You can adjust the sizes of your photos. You also get to choose the number of images shown at any one time. Visitors to your site can display more content from your featured feed using the optional load more button.
- Instagram feed is fully responsive and mobile friendly. It looks great on any device
- Regular updates ensure that the plugin remains compatible with the latest changes to Instagram
- Easy customization of layout, color, size, and spacing among others
- You can choose between a beautiful header at the top of your feed and infinite scrolling
- Follow on an Instagram button
Curator.io works well for multiple social networks including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. It is a great option if you want to display content from several social media networks.
The premium version supports:
- Instagram feeds
- Facebook feeds, groups, albums, and events
- Twitter feeds
- Pinterest pins, boards, and latest pins
On top of supporting multiple social accounts, curator.io also allows you to integrate content from other
peoples accounts. The material from these feeds is then displayed in your pages, posts and the sidebar
areas of your website.
- Mobile responsive content and maximum device compatibility
- Attractive, professional looking galleries
- Numerous customizable options
- Great options with memorable message display
3. Wp Instagram widget
This is a relatively easy way to display content from your Instagram account on your website. Wp Instagram widget is easy to set up. No authentication is needed. You enter your basic Instagram account details and choose where to display the widget on your website.
In addition to making Wp Instagram widget easy to use, simplicity has an added advantage of reducing the loading times of your website. This widget is an excellent choice for someone looking for a basic, streamlined option.
- The installation and activation process is easy
- Simple user-sensible mark-ups
- The widget is customizable; you can change it to match your theme.
- Filters that help to adjust cache timings
A good Instagram presence is instrumental in encouraging your audience to visit and spend time on your site. It, therefore, makes sense to make Instagram apart of your WordPress website. While the WordPress Instagram feed widgets mentioned in this article are not an exhaustive list, tools such as curator.io may be a good choice for your business. Over to you. What WordPress Instagram widget are you currently using?