Free Social Media Aggregator Tools
Social media is one of the most effective ways for any business to stand out today. Any brand hoping to become an industry leader or engage with customers in new ways must establish an active online presence.
However, social media can become overwhelming especially when you lack the appropriate knowledge and tools. Having apt social media tools is essential for your success.
Here are some social media aggregator tools that can help you make the most of your presence on social media sites without digging a hole in your pocket.
Curator is a social media aggregator with an eye for simplicity. It allows you to choose specific content sources such as Instagram tags and twitter usernames. The tool then aggregates this content into a feed that can be managed and embedded.
As a Curator user, you will be able to access quite a number of social media platforms including; Twitter, Instagram, Flickr Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Other features you will find helpful include:
- Mobile friendly properties
- Editable posts
- Ease of use
- Lightweight code
- SEO friendliness
- Hashtag friendly
Hootsuite is another popular social media aggregator which allows you to:
- Decide between pre-scheduled posts and live updates and share posts in advance
- Track clicks and gather information on your audience by adding custom link parameters
- Upload videos, images, and files into your messages
- Send your blog to your social streams by connecting to your RSS
- Share pages and information quickly using hootlet
- Log in to, and conveniently update and monitor your account from any location
- Create and customize columns and then drag and drop them as you like
- Organize your social streams into keywords, news, friends, by using the multi-column layout
- Embed search columns directly into your website using the embeddable columns
- Access and manage your Hootsuite account from your iPhone.
Hootsuite currently supports; LinkedIn, Facebook pages, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Ping.fm, Wordpress.com, Myspace and Foursquare.
This platform was initially popular among Tweeter users. It has however evolved into a comprehensive platform featuring Facebook, Myspace, and LinkedIn. Tweetdeck is built using adobe air with great technology and customizable features that will prove enjoyable for end users.
You can access TweetDeck from a desktop, PC or Linux system.
Here is a list of TweetDeck’s features:
- Filters to help you in setting up columns, so you only see what you want to know
- Custom colors allowing you to decide how your interface will appear and personalize it.
- A notification feature through which you will get alerts for mentions, direct messages, new tweets. This is a great communication management feature.
- Follower- you decide who you want to follow or unfollow. You also get to report spam and mark your favorites.
- Sync- this feature allows you to set up your TweetDeck account in accordance with your personal Your account remains the same whether you access it from a handheld device or a computer.
- Lists- you can track your favorites and put them into lists right from your dashboard.
- Trends- twitscoop and local trends keep you updated on hot trending topics.
- Shortcuts- TweetDeck allows you to maximize your time by using keyboard shortcuts.
Profilactic is a web-based social media aggregator tool. The tool enables you to curate blogs, online social sites and RSS feeds into your profilactic account.
Some of the features that profilactic offers include:
- Badges- these enable you to integrate your profile information and lifestream with your blog or website
- Lifestreaming- profilactic is an excellent example of what lifestreaming is all about. It is a one-stop- shop that flawlessly brings together the whole process.
- Post and update- this feature lets you inform everyone about what you are up to. Profilactic can sync to more than ten sites. You can, therefore, send one update across multiple networks.
- Accessibility- this is an online based tool hence you can log in anytime provided you have an internet connection.
Choosing a social media aggregator tool is not an easy task. This article should, however, give you a good starting point. Using curator.io and other tools mentioned herein will help aggregate outstanding insights for various aspects of your social marketing plan while at the same time saving you money.