Free Social Media Aggregator Tools
Social media is one of the most effective ways for any business to stand out today. Any brand hoping to become an industry leader or engage with customers in new ways must establish an active online presence, which is where social media aggregator tools can help.
However, social media can become overwhelming especially when you lack the appropriate knowledge and tools. Having the right tools is essential for your success.
While you might think this will just cut further into your budget, don't worry. Many aggregator tools have free plans available to help you start building your brand faster.
Types Of Social Media Aggregator Tools
Before we get to the list of free tools, it's a good idea to understand the two main types of aggregators.
The first is designed with your audience in mind. Instead of your customers, or potential customers, having to search for you on multiple social media platforms, they can simply visit your website to view all your channels in a single place.
This type of aggregator brings your posts to your site in a continuous feed. Free versions typically update your feed once daily. They can pull from mulitple platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, along with collecting specific hashtagged posts too.
The second type is to make managing social media much easier. Just like your audience doesn't want to jump from platform to platform, you shouldn't have to do this to manage your posts.
This type of social media aggregator gathers all your social media profiles, posts and even mentions into a single dashboard. Manage them all under a single account, schedule posts and even reply to comments. One place and you're done.
Facebook has over 2.4 billion active users
, but that's just a single platform. Brand Watch has gathered 126 shocking social media statistics
to show you just how important social media is to your brand. To engage the billions of social media users, you're going to need some tools to make life easier for you and your audience.
is a social media aggregator with an eye for simplicity. It allows you to choose specific content sources such as Instagram tags and Twitter usernames. The tool then aggregates this content into a feed that can be managed and embedded. This is the type of aggregator for your audience.
As a Curator user, you will be able to access quite a number of social media platforms including: Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Other features you will find helpful include:
- Mobile friendly properties
- Editable posts
- Ease of use
- Lightweight code
- SEO friendliness
- Hashtag friendly
The free version updates daily and includes the powered by Curator branding. Premium plans start at just $25 per month.
is one of the most popular social media aggregator tools to help brands manage all of their social media content in a single place. It's a powerful tool that works well with the first type of aggregator tool.
Some of the wonderful features include:
- Decide between pre-scheduled posts and live updates and share posts in advance
- Track clicks and gather information on your audience by adding custom link parameters
- Upload videos, images and files into your messages
- Send your blog to your social streams by connecting to your RSS
- Share pages and information quickly using hootlet
- Log in to and conveniently update and monitor your account from any location
- Create and customize columns and then drag and drop them as you like
- Organize your social streams into keywords, news and friends by using the multi-column layout
- Embed search columns directly into your website using the embeddable columns
- Access and manage your Hootsuite account from your iPhone
Hootsuite currently supports LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Ping.fm, Wordpress.com, Myspace and Foursquare. Hootsuite's free plan
isn't listed along with the premium plans, which start at $29 per month. The free plan is only for a single user, three profiles and 30 scheduled messages per month.
is a popular option for managing multiple Twitter accounts in a single place. This is ideal if you're managing accounts for other brands or you want to keep track of various hashtags easily in a single location.
Here is a list of TweetDeck’s features:
- Filters to help you in setting up columns, so you only see what you want to know
- Custom colors allowing you to decide how your interface will appear and personalize it
- A notification feature through which you will get alerts for mentions, direct messages and new tweets
- Follower- you decide who you want to follow or unfollow
- Easily mark tweets as spam
- Sync- this feature allows you to set up your TweetDeck account in accordance with your personal
- Lists- you can track your favorites and put them into lists right from your dashboard
- Trends- twitscoop and local trends keep you updated on hot trending topics
- Shortcuts- TweetDeck allows you to maximize your time by using keyboard shortcuts
The best part is it's completely free. There aren't any premium plans. However, it's only for Twitter. This is ideal if you're an entrepreneur just getting started or if you're a brand learning social media and want to only start with a single platform.
works much like Hootsuite. It's one of the more advanced social media aggregator tools. You have to sign up for a free premium trial, but then you're able to downgrade to the free plan which allows three accounts, 10 scheduled posts and a single user.
Some of the main features you'll find useful include:
- Support for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Schedule posts in advance
- Analytics reports to measure results
- Reply to posts to keep your audience engaged
- Manage from a browser or the iOS and Android apps
is a social media aggregator tool that aggregates posts for your audience. Much like Curator, the tool gathers posts from various networks and adds them to your website. While it's mainly designed for events, the free version still works well as you're building your brand.
Some of the best features include:
- Quick and easy setup
- Moderation tools
- Filter based on what you want to aggregate
- Add multiple users to make management even easier
- Supports Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, RSS feeds and blogs
There are a few cons to keep in mind. If your account is inactive for more than 48 hours, it may be deleted. Also, the free version only updates every 24 hours. While similar to Curator, premium plans start at over twice the price at $57 per month.
Choosing The Right Tool
Choosing the right social media aggregator tools isn't always easy. Free options make it easy to get started, but you'll likely want to consider upgrading at some point.
Ideally, you want to look for an aggregator that manages multiple platforms, is easy to use and offers great customer support. Curator offers all this, even in the free version. However, premium plans are affordable for every budget as well.
You should also consider using both types of tools. One gathers all your feeds for your audience to read in one place. The other gives you the chance to manage all your accounts in a single dashboard. Combined, it's the perfect way to master social media engagement for your brand.