Pinterest is an image-oriented social media platform commanding 200 million users each month. It is used to discover new products, learn new ideas, inspiration, among other productive stuff.
Maybe this is why half of all U.S. millennials and 68% of U.S.women of ages 25 to 54 use Pinterest. While it is female dominated, 40% of new users are usually men. In fact according to eMarketer, Pinterest is second to Facebook in terms of influencing U.S. social media users.
As you can see, Pinterest is a productive pathway for your business. 61% of its users have discovered new brands and products from promoted pins. 93% of Pinterest users use the network to plan purchases. Knowing how to use it effectively can potentially boost your business to greater heights.
So, how do you use Pinterest to benefit your business
Open a Business Account
A business account offers Pinterest analytics and Advertising, which are great for marketing. A business account enables you learn to about your audience. For example, what people respond to and what they are likely to ignore. This helps you to make appropriate adjustments to meet your business needs.
There are two ways you can create a Pinterest business account:
- Create one directly from scratch
- Convert you Pinterest personal account to a business
Promote Your Products
Once you have your business account go ahead and start promoting your products.
- The first step is to ensure that people can find your pins and boards. Your pins and boards advertise your products. Share detailed and captivating images of your business products.
- Since you are promoting your product with the intention to sell, add their prices to their descriptions. With Pinterest when you add the dollar sign with the dollar amount, the price is automatically added as a price tag to the particular pin.
- You can also incorporate well-researched keywords in your titles and descriptions. This enhances discover-ability of your products, when a search is made through the search bar.
- Besides just showing captivating images of your products, you can also show images of people using your products. Adding people and context to your images enhance engagement and allow people to visualize using your products.
- You can also add images of behind the scenes,when the products are being assembled or made or employees in the office. This humanizes your businesses encouraging easy connection between people and your business.
- In case you have any testimonials, in image format, you can pin them on your Pinterest board for social proofs. Social proofs have proved pretty helpful when selling products.
- Include links with your pins to enable interested people easily access the product page.
- Don't forget to use hashtags. You can use social media aggregators like curator.io to discover trending topics through hashtags.
- Finally, you can cross-promote, which means sharing your Pins across multiple sites and platforms like Facebook. This enables your account to gather a huge following while your pins get more shares. To keep track of all your engagements across several platforms you can utilize social media aggregators.
Pinterest is a great marketing platform that can boost your business returns when utilized to the maximum. It is not as hard as many may think. Hopefully, this post has given you the incentive to utilize the platforms ability to boost your business growth.
We are happy to read your comments as well as answer your questions here.