As a construction company, your website is essential to your marketing strategy. It's the online storefront for your business and the first impression potential clients have of you. It’s important to ensure your website stands out and represents your business in the best possible light.
This article will discuss 5 practical ideas to level up your construction website. These ideas will help you make your website more visually appealing, user-friendly and increase conversions.
Let's jump right in, shall we?
One of the most effective ways to improve your construction web design is by incorporating videos.
Videos can help showcase your past construction projects, give an inside look at your team, and provide valuable information to potential clients. You can even use free stock videos to build trust with your audience and highlight your company's identity.
More importantly, videos are a great way to improve your site’s usability and your users’ dwelling time on the site, due to how easy this type of content is to interact with compared to text.
But that’s not the only benefit that comes with using videos.
Here are a few more reasons you should consider exploring this type of media on your construction website:
- Visual appeal: Videos are more engaging than text or static images. They can capture the full scope of a project or process, showing everything from the initial blueprint to the final construction. This can be a powerful way to demonstrate a company's capabilities.
- Demonstrating complexity: Construction projects are complex, and videos can help to convey this complexity in a way that is easy to understand. This can include demonstrations of the construction process, time-lapse videos of a build, or even 3D renderings of projects.
- Trust and transparency: Videos can show the people behind a company, which can help build trust. This can be particularly important in construction, where customers want to be sure they're dealing with reputable professionals.
- Project showcase: Videos can showcase a company's completed projects in a way that photos and text descriptions simply cannot match. They can provide virtual tours of completed buildings, homes, or other structures, giving potential clients a comprehensive view of the company's work.
- Educational content: Videos can educate visitors about the construction process, the materials used, safety measures in place, and other aspects of the company's work. This keeps visitors on the website longer and positions the company as an expert in its field.
- Emotional connection: Videos can tell a story and evoke emotions, which can be a powerful way to connect with website visitors. This might include customer testimonials, stories from the construction site, or the impact of a particular project on a community.
- SEO benefits: Google and other search engines tend to prioritize pages with video content, so including videos on a construction company's website can help to boost its search engine rankings, making it more likely for potential customers to find the site.
Below, you’ll find an example of how Skanska, one of the largest construction companies globally, known for developing public and private infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, residential and commercial buildings, leverages video content to communicate their company’s core values.
Leveraging high-quality images on their websites is not just a choice but a necessity for construction companies. These visuals provide a tangible testament to their work's superior quality and meticulous detail, instilling immediate trust and boosting the company's credibility in the eyes of potential clients.
High-resolution stock images underscore the company's commitment to excellence, reflecting professionalism and attention to detail that speaks volumes about their operations.
Moreover, compelling and aesthetically pleasing images can transform a standard website into a powerful, shareable showcase of a company's achievements — and this can be achieved even by using online photo editors.
These tools can enhance the website's visual appeal and fortify its reputation as a trusted leader in the construction industry.
You can also embed your Instagram feed on your website to automatically add images from your Instagram account, where you might share portfolio samples, behind-the-scenes photos, and company announcements.
Additionally, if you upload high quality medias on your site you need to consider high quality servers. VPS server is perfect for websites with high-quality media (videos and pictures) as it offers dedicated resources, customization, and enhanced security to ensure a smooth browsing experience even during peak traffic.
A user-friendly website is essential for any business, including construction companies. A user-friendly website can improve the user experience, increase engagement, and lead to more conversions.
To make your website user-friendly, you should optimize the website's navigation, layout, and content.
Free construction landing pages can significantly enhance the user-friendliness of a construction business's website. These pre-designed templates typically have a clean, intuitive layout that makes it easy for visitors to navigate the site, find the information they're looking for, and take the desired actions, such as contacting the company or requesting a quote.
Furthermore, these landing pages are usually optimized for mobile devices, ensuring a smooth and responsive browsing experience for users on any platform, so you don’t have to invest too many resources in a design team.
You can add icons and logos associated with your organization, and you’re ready to go.
Using calls-to-action (CTAs) on your website is important to encourage users to take action. CTAs can increase conversions by directing users to fill out a contact form, request a quote, or download a resource. Here are a few more reasons you should invest lots of time and effort into developing solid CTAs:
- Driving User Engagement: A compelling CTA encourages website visitors to interact with the site, whether by requesting a quote, contacting the company for more information, downloading a brochure, or even scheduling a consultation.
- Conversion Optimization: CTAs are crucial to turning website visitors into leads or customers. They play a critical role in the conversion process by prompting visitors to take a specific action.
- Guiding User Journey: CTAs guide visitors through the site and toward the information or pages that are most relevant to them. This helps streamline the user journey, creating a more enjoyable and efficient browsing experience.
- Measuring Success: The response to CTAs can provide valuable insights into the effectiveness of the website and its content. By tracking clicks on different CTAs, businesses can gauge what resonates with their audience and adjust their strategy accordingly.
- Clear Communication: Lastly, CTAs help communicate the next steps. Whether the goal is to get visitors to learn more about a specific project, contact the sales team, or view testimonials from past clients, CTAs clarify the desired action. Without them, visitors may feel unsure about what to do next, leading to missed opportunities.
Your website must be optimized for mobile devices in today's mobile-first world. According to Statista, mobile devices accounted for over 54% of website traffic worldwide in 2021.
Optimizing your website for mobile devices involves ensuring that your site is responsive and easy to navigate on smaller screens. To ensure fast load times, you should also ensure that all content and images are optimized for mobile devices.
One way to ensure your website is optimized for mobile is to use a responsive design that adjusts to different screen sizes. This will ensure that your website looks great and is easy to use, regardless of the device it's being viewed on.
In conclusion, a well-designed website is critical to any construction company's digital marketing strategy. By incorporating these five tips into your website design, you can create a website that is both visually appealing and effective at converting visitors into leads.
Remember to keep your website design simple and user-centric, make navigation easy, and use high-quality images and videos to showcase your work. Additionally, incorporating social proof and creating a clear call to action can help build trust and encourage visitors to take action.
Finally, remember to optimize your website for mobile devices. With more and more people accessing the internet on mobile devices, it's essential that your website looks great and is easy to use on smaller screens.
Bonus Tip: If you work in the construction industry, you have the flexibility to select from a range of top-tier invoicing apps that cater specifically to your needs and preferences.