As of 2023, LinkedIn statistics estimated that there were over 63 million companies with LinkedIn pages. Understandably, these brands used LinkedIn as a platform to help them connect to over 930 million registered members, including other businesses.
And because of this, you’ll need a properly designed marketing strategy to help you stand out from others and make more sales. However, LinkedIn is very different from other social media platforms. Marketing strategies that work on other platforms like Instagram and Twitter won’t hold up here.
In this article, we’ll look at some of the best LinkedIn strategies to boost your B2B sales. But first, let's expound on what LinkedIn marketing means.
What are LinkedIn Marketing Strategies?
LinkedIn marketing strategies refer to any tactics or plans designed to help businesses push awareness of their products/ services on this professional business platform.
LinkedIn is different from most social media platforms. While other social media platforms prioritize socializing and sharing photos or opinions, LinkedIn prioritizes networking and professional connections.
Because of this, you’ll need to employ tactics that give your business more visibility and engagement. Fortunately, LinkedIn is the go-to choice for most B2B marketers, meaning with the right strategies, you’ll experience increased sales in a short period of time.
So what are some of the best LinkedIn marketing strategies for increased B2B sales?
5 Effective LinkedIn Marketing Strategies to Boost Your B2B Sales
Some of the most effective LinkedIn marketing strategies include optimizing your company page, publishing valuable content, and leveraging LinkedIn advertising, just to mention a few.
Here’s a brief overview of LinkedIn marketing strategies to consider for increased B2B sales.
1. Optimize Your Company Page
As mentioned above, LinkedIn is one of the world’s largest professional networking platforms, with over 60 million registered businesses and an audience of more than 930 million users.
Having a LinkedIn company page gives your company the perfect opportunity to establish your brand in this space. A strong online presence and increased purchase intent are among the benefits LinkedIn offers your business.
This means that you’ll enjoy increased exposure with a well-optimized page. And not only that, but you’ll also benefit from increased discoverability thanks to SEO techniques.
This leads us to the next question, ‘How do you optimize your company page to get increased lead generation and exposure?’
- The first step would be to create a LinkedIn company page. If you haven’t, be sure to check out this step-by-step guide.
- After you finish that, you’ll need to upload a decent profile picture that complements your banner. Consider images that grab your audience’s attention or create interest.
- The next step is to write a solid ‘about us’ section with the relevant keywords. You’ll also want to include a clear and compelling pitch in your company description.
- Build a product page that serves as a portfolio for your service/product offerings.
- Grow traffic or leads to your company page through paid promotions and targeted posts.
- After updating your ‘about us’ section, the next thing that you’ll want to do is regularly post to your company page.
2. Ensure Your Content is Valuable to Other Brands
Speaking of regularly publishing content, LinkedIn features one of the most powerful content publishing tools. This gives you an ideal opportunity to leverage the power of valuable content in an effort to boost sales.
So how do you publish great and valuable content?
- Start by focusing on your target audience first. Having a deep understanding of your audience will help you shape your content based on their needs, interests, and pain points.
- Strive to provide informative and educational content. LinkedIn is a professional networking platform. Content that works on other social media platforms will not hold up on this platform. As a rule of thumb, strive to position yourself as a thought leader in your niche. Share content that offers value to your audience.
- Focus on quality and relevance. As much as frequent posting is effective, it would be wise to focus on the relevance and quality of the content.
- Encourage interaction and engagement: LinkedIn is a social platform, so encourage interaction and engagement with your audience. Include a call-to-action at the end of your content to invite comments, questions, or discussions.
- Fortunately, there are several types of content formats that you could use. They include images, articles, animated infographics, and video content. Experiment with all these formats as they all have their unique selling points and which attract different types of audiences. This increases the reach and impact of your content.
But whatever post you decide to go for, prioritize the maximum results you can get. One way to ensure this is by posting at the best time.
3. Understand the Best Times to Post (Use a Scheduling App to Help You)
LinkedIn is an absolute goldmine when it comes to connecting with potential clients, generating leads, and driving B2B sales. But here's the thing - to make the most of this powerful platform, you need to understand the art of timing and leverage scheduling apps.
It's important that you pinpoint and nail the best posting times for your audience, as it plays a huge role in engagement. After all, your core marketing goal should be to boost your visibility and engagement.
Strategically scheduling your posts ensures your content pops up right at the top of your audience's LinkedIn feed when they're most active.
However, you might want to consider the help of scheduling apps. These apps are excellent tools for automating such marketing efforts. Apps like Hootsuite, Social Pilot, Sprout, and Buffer come packed with features that help automate your marketing efforts.
Speaking of tools, another vitally important tool worth considering, especially when browsing online, is a VPN. VPNs enhance your online security and privacy by encrypting your internet connection.
In other words, by using the best and cheapest VPNs, you’ll stay clear of hackers and other cybercriminals who are always trying to intercept such connections as they try to steal sensitive company or personal data.
4. Send Personalized Messages
LinkedIn is a vital platform for B2B marketing sales, but to truly make an impact and drive increased sales, adopting a customer-centric marketing approach is crucial. Personalized messages are one way to stand out from the crowd.
Personalized messages are tailored for each individual or person in a specific target audience. It entails taking the time to learn about your audience and crafting messages that resonate with them.
This level of personalization shows that you have taken the time to research and understand their business, which helps establish trust and credibility right from the start.
And because we are talking about B2B sales, personalized messages in this context involve customized and targeted messages sent to specific businesses or decision-makers within organizations.
So how do you send personalized messages?
- First, start by understanding your audience. Familiarize yourself with their roles, interests, and issues affecting them.
- Acknowledge your audience in your message. This goes beyond simply mentioning their company name as it involves understanding their industry challenges, recent accomplishments, or even referencing shared connections or mutual interests.
- Showcase social proof to validate your pitch.
- Include a call to action.
5. Be Human
LinkedIn is still a networking platform. While it provides an array of marketing tools, remember that at the core of every business are human beings, and establishing trust is crucial. People want to do business with those they know, like, and trust.
For this reason, you must humanize your brand and overall marketing approach. One way to do this is by improving your storytelling. Humans are wired for stories. As you craft your LinkedIn marketing strategy, leverage the power of storytelling to captivate your audience.
Another way to do so is by showing empathy. This involves acknowledging the challenges your prospects face and offering tailored solutions.
Although this is a broad-level marketing strategy for your B2B sales, it still leaves enough room for some precision and tailoring. The point remains: LinkedIn is a great marketing platform that offers many opportunities for B2B marketing and sales. All that remains is for you to understand your audience and choose the right strategy to boost your B2B sales.
Learn how to add your LinkedIn content to your website with our guide on social media aggregators.
Curator.io is an easy-to-customize aggregator that lets you pull from over a dozen sources. If you'd like to give Curator.io's free forever plan a spin sign up today.